- It’s Time
- Clergy Engagement
- Having Conversations
- Telling Our Stories
- Sermon Guide
- Campaign Launch
- Faith Perspectives
- Tools for Faith Leaders
- Tools for Activists
- Tools for Young Leaders
- Take Action
Title: Office Manager
Reports to: VP of Operations and Finance
Job Description: The Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice (RCRC) is seeking an Office Manager to join its dynamic and growing team. RCRC’s mission is to be the leading religious voice for reproductive justice in the United States. The Office Manager will be joining RCRC at a critical juncture in its 41 year history; in January, a new campaign was launched to shift the conversation around religion, abortion, sexuality, and justice. Therefore, the ideal candidate for this position must have an uncompromising commitment to reproductive justice, faith, abortion access and social justice broadly. We are highly interested in finding a new team member who is friendly, detail oriented, and able to carry out multiple tasks, simultaneously, with ease. At RCRC, we are dedicated to working as a team while still maintaining diverse work styles that support personal and professional development.
This position will be supervised by the VP of Operations and Finance and will work in tandem with all departments to carry out various administrative and operational functions. Candidates should have a helpful personality, excellent listening/writing skills, a clear and understandable speaking voice, a self-starter mentality, must possess flexibility, the ability to work independently and take initiative, and a commitment to work with a team and people of diverse backgrounds. We are looking for demonstrated experience with implementing administrative systems and procedures as well as an understanding of how to support office and organizational operations such as frequent calendar management, event planning, and travel preparations.
Major Responsibilities Include:
- Planning and coordinating meetings and conference logistics (including conference calls); overseeing preparation for meeting set up and all travel/hotel accommodations
- Completing preventive maintenance requirements, calling for repairs when needed; maintaining equipment inventories; monitoring postage meter and group dials for the fax machines; being familiar with telephone operating system; assisting the staff with training needs on such office equipment; gathering pertinent data for evaluating and recommending a course of action for office equipment upgrades, i.e., fax machine, postage meter, copy machine and phone system
- In coordination with the Board of Directors and Coalition Council Chairs, composing and organizing documents (letters, reports, etc.), and materials for publication and/or dissemination to the rest of the organization; regularly liaising with Board of Directors and communicating updates with VP of Operations and Finance
- General maintenance of donor database including inputting and maintaining e-mail addresses for donors; general maintenance of basic information about donors (change of phone numbers, death, births, change of address, phone number, etc., opting out of certain mailings)
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the President & CEO including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings
- Receiving and routing telephone calls; processing and routing incoming mail, faxes, and deliveries; receiving in office visitors; reordering and maintaining stock and office inventory including purchasing office supplies, cleaning materials, and kitchen supplies; manage vendor payments requests, and staff reimbursements
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in an academic, nonprofit, philanthropic, administrative, or related field
- Should be flexible and resourceful with an ability to learn new procedures to address staff and organizational needs
- Must be able to demonstrate courtesy and tact when working with staff, Board of Directors, Coalition Council, as well as the internal and external community
- Diplomatic, forward-thinking, and the willingness to take initiative in managing/balancing the needs of the office with those of the Board of Directors and Coalition Council
- Proficient in Windows and spreadsheet applications; knowledge of database systems
- Commitment to reproductive justice, women’s rights, social justice and a working understanding of non-profit organizations
- Must possess project management skills and the ability to balance multiple tasks and coordinate with different organizational departments
Compensation: Competitive salary and commensurate with experience
Benefits: Health/Dental Benefits, Retirement Benefits, Paid Holidays, Vacations, Life and/or Disability Insurance.
Application Process: Candidates are invited to submit a resume, cover letter, and a minimum of two professional references by April 11, 2014 to firstname.lastname@example.org – please be sure to put “Office Manager” in the subject line of your email. No phone calls please. RCRC is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage women, people of color, LGBT people, immigrants, and people with disabilities to apply.