- It’s Time
- Clergy Engagement
- Having Conversations
- Telling Our Stories
- Sermon Guide
- Campaign Launch
- Faith Perspectives
- Tools for Faith Leaders
- Tools for Activists
- Tools for Young Leaders
- Take Action
Job Title:Communications Manager
Reports to: Vice President of Programs and Development
Start Date: Fall 2014
Position Type: Full Time/Regular
Location/Region: Washington, DC
The Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice (RCRC) is seeking a Communications Manager to join its dynamic and growing team. RCRC’s mission is to be the leading religious voice for reproductive justice in the United States. The ideal candidate for this position will have an uncompromising commitment to reproductive justice, faith, abortion access and social justice broadly. We are highly interested in finding a team member who is an innovative self-starter, detail oriented and passionate about doing communications work in a small social justice advocacy organization.
Candidates should have a Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years writing, electronic communications, design, social media and project management experience in fast-paced settings. Additionally, ideal candidates will have advanced knowledge of computers and website maintenance; good analytical and problem solving skills; proactive approach to press engagement; proficiency in graphic, online and word processing software packages on a Windows environment; and attention to detail and skilled at follow through on deadlines.
The Communications Manager will play a central role in advancing RCRC’s communications goals. In this role, s/he will provide strategic communications planning and implementation, activate and grow our social media presence, amplify coverage of our organizing and policy work and cultivate strong relationships with coalition partners and the press.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 3-5 years experience developing and implementing successful communications strategies and social media campaigns for nonprofits or foundations.
- Proficient skills with Salsa platform (or similar) e-mail communications and Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint).
- Experience in graphic design for online and print resources
- Experience with developing and managing website content.
- Strong writing, editing, and project management skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple and sometimes competing tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Team player; experience in a highly collaborative, innovative and entrepreneurial culture.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Compose press releases, action alerts and theological/policy messaging resources
- Manage RCRC’s website
- Mange RCRC’s Twitter and Facebook accounts and content.
- Manage compositions and distribution of RCRC’s print resources.
- Amplify the policy and organizing work of RCRC by pro-actively engaging press attention.
- Co-write weekly “Connections” with President/CEO.
- Respond to and triage press calls.
- Regularly track RCRC press hits.
Candidates are invited to submit a resume, cover letter, 2 writing samples and a minimum of two professional references by August 18, 2014 to email@example.com – please be sure to put “Communications Manager” in the subject line of your email. No phone calls please.
Compensation: Competitive salary and commensurate with experience.
Benefits: Health/Dental Benefits, Retirement Benefits, Paid Holidays, Vacations, Life and/or Disability Insurance.
RCRC is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage women, people of color, LGBT people, immigrants and people with disabilities to apply.