- It’s Time
- Clergy Engagement
- Having Conversations
- Telling Our Stories
- Sermon Guide
- Campaign Launch
- Faith Perspectives
- Tools for Faith Leaders
- Tools for Activists
- Tools for Young Leaders
- Take Action
Religious leaders can play an important role in changing the conversation.
1. Deliver a sermon to your congregation; invite a colleague to give a sermon. Email us to receive the It’s Time Sermon Guide when it becomes available on March 1st.
2. Contribute your story and theological musings regarding reproductive health, rights and justice to your congregational newsletter and/or denominational publications.
3. Make it known in your congregation and community that you are available to provide compassionate pastoral care to women and families facing difficult circumstances surrounding pregnancy, parenting and reproductive loss.
4. Write an op-ed for your local paper(s).
5. Submit a letter to the editor responding to stories that mistakenly paint the faith community as unilaterally opposed to abortion and reproductive justice.
6. Offer yourself as a guest or resource for TV and radio interviews when the program is discussing issues of abortion, sexuality and social justice.
7. Work with your local reproductive health, rights and justice organizations to actively reframe the conversation about religion, abortion, sexuality and justice.
8. Provide adult education opportunities for your congregation and community that examine issues of religion, sexuality and justice in a new way.
9. Support and engage the young adults in your congregation by offering faith-based sexuality education programs and opportunities for honest conversation.
10. Meet with your local, state and national elected officials – make sure they know that people of faith support a woman’s moral agency and their safe, legal and equitable access to reproductive healthcare services, including abortion.